I’m a Computational Scientist in the BioHPC group at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX. My background includes a Ph.D. in Computer Science followed by 6 years working in bioinformatics positions in computational proteomics at the University of Oxford and then UTSW, before moving into HPC in 2014.
I enjoy working to support all kinds of bioinformatics and computational biology research, developing tools to simplify the use of HPC, and getting involved in all aspects of providing an HPC service to a diverse community of biomedical researchers. I have a particular interest in HPC for genomics/transcriptomics/proteomics and ongoing developments in workflow platforms for bioinformatics research.
- Fixing Old Email – GMail Import Dates & MIME Multipart Problems October 21, 2015
- Bioconductor GenomicFeatures and Intel Compilers July 15, 2015
- HowTo: Fedora 21 on a MacBook Air 6,2 (dual boot & good battery life) January 10, 2015
- Bye bye ESXi at home, hello CentOS7 December 22, 2014
- Make linuxbrew work on Fedora 20 December 7, 2014